Title holders, Chelsea Football Club have the chance to go up against several tough headed side after landing into the Pot 1
The UEFA Champions League Draw is just around the corner as members of the seeding pots are revealed.
Defending Champions, Chelsea saw their second UCL trophy handed to them after cruising past Manchester City for the third time last season.
With the then defending Champions, Bayern Munich crashing out halfway, Chelsea saw an easing finish into the final, being the toughest team in the competition.
But the Blues will have to prove their value this season as they could go up against Inter Milan and Bayern Munich in the group stages.
- UEFA Champions League Draw Date And Venue Revealed Ahead Of 2021/2022 Season
- UEFA Champions League 2021/2022 Group Stages Pots; Who Will Chelsea Likely Face
- How Chelsea’s Champions League Win Affects Arsenal
Defending the trophy will be of greater honor and value to the West Londoners who are determined to make history in the league.
Below are members of the Pot 1 comprising the UEFA Champions League and Europa League winner.
- Chelsea Football Club: After trashing out Manchester City to lift their second UEFA Champions League trophy, Chelsea are automatically members of the first pot.
- Villarreal CF: The Spaniard produced classical competition in the Europa League last season. Smashing out Manchester United in the final to make themselves king. The La Liga side are also joining Chelsea who they sadly lost the Super Cup to in the pot 1.
- Bayern Munich: Its no doubt the German warriors are back seeking for revenge and ready to do all it takes to take back the trophy and not starting out in the same group with the defending Champions could prove helpful. Bayern after winning the last season’s Champions League trophy clinged to their ninth in a row.
- Manchester City: The Cityzens finishing runner ups last season have seen their fate land them back into a zone where they could avoid battling with Chelsea before of the knockout stages. City clearly didn’t have the very bad season as they also had the Premier League trophy to console with.
- Atletico Madrid: Diego Simeone’s men having lost to the European Champions may have just averted be matched up against them in the group stage this season after falling in the Pot 1 which winning the La Liga after 11 years wait brought them.
- Inter Milan: The Nerazzuris ended Juventus’ long Serie A reign and thanks to Antonio Conte who sadly won’t be managing when next they return to the UEFA Champions League.
- LOSC Lille: The French team stunned Paris Saint German and the whole of the League 1 last season when they came from behind to claim the top spot and made a finish to gain themselves place in the Pot 1.
- Sporting CP: The Portuguese been crowned Champions for of their league are seeing possibilities to avoid being matched in same ground with Chelsea.