The UEFA Champions League is set to kick in soon as draw date and venue is decided
Qualified teams will be able to know their opponents for the group stage for the next campaign of the UEFA Champions League.
Chelsea were crowned Champions in the last campaign after trashing out Manchester City for the third time in a row.
The draw will help Thomas Tuchel and his side also know what their fate may be towards their plan of achieving a back to back feat.
Defending the trophy will bolster Thomas Tuchel’s managerial career if he can manage to win it for the second time.
- Thomas Tuchel Confirms Chelsea New Formation As Romelu Lukaku Sets For Arsenal Game
- UEFA Champions League 2021/2022 Group Stages Pots; Who Will Chelsea Likely Face
- How Chelsea’s Champions League Win Affects Arsenal
Manchester United and Manchester City are also fired up after both clubs landed Jadon Sancho and Jack Grealish respectively.
Paris Saint German will be another tougher side this season after adding several tough heads to it’s line up including the World Best Player, Lionel Messi.
The group stage draw has been decided to be held on the 26th of August at Istanbul by 18:00 CET.
Award winners for the last spell will also be disclosed on the same day after they were shortlisted today.
Chelsea’s two midfielder made the list for the Men’s Player of the Year Award while Thomas Tuchel also made the list for the Men’s Manager of the Year Award.
Below is a full list of the men’s player of the year award nominees.
1st. De Bruyne
Pep Guardiola, former Manchester City manager who led Italy to Euro cup victory, Mancini both line up with Thomas Tuchel for the Manager of the year award.
Speaking on the awards, UEFA said; “The Award is based on performances over the whole season in all competitions – both domestically and internationally – at either club, or national team level.”
Below Are How The Players Were Shortlisted:
– 24 coaches of the teams at EURO 2020
– 80 coaches of the clubs that participated in the group stages of the UCL & UEL
– 55 journalists selected by the European Sports Media (ESM) group, one from each of UEFA’s member associations.